THE STORY OF THE BLUES: LEARN ABOUT BLUES MUSIC WITH THIS 90 PAGE PDF DOWNLOAD
"The Blues Collection"
A 90-part magazine & CD series devoted to examining the wealth of history surrounding the emergence of blues and the artists concerned.
Each issue, published between 1993 & 1997, included an entertainingly-written, full page essay on an aspect of the genre, building over the weeks to form a comprehensive and highly readable account of the Blues from its early days right through to its effect on the Rock music of the 20th Century.
This CD contains each of those essays in the order in which they were first published.
1. The Roots of the Blues 2. Local Heroes
3. Music and Movement 4. The Blues Explosion
5. Rhythms of Life 6. Nationwide Blues
7. Spreading the Word 8. Women make their Mark
9. Men get the Upper Hand 10. Trips to the Country
11. Memphis 12. The New Big Sound
13. Company Games with the Top Names 14. Politics & Protest
15. Romance in the Barrelhouses 16. Bonds of Solidarity
17. Community Singing 18. Risque Rhymes
19. Rhythm & Booze 20. Post-Depression Sessions
21. Country comes to Town 22. World War II Blues
23. Independent Days 24. A Postwar Jump-start
25. Gentlemen of the Clubs 26. Tinkling with Success
27. The Old Guard's Last Stand 28. Street Life
29. Strong Foundations in the Windy City 30. Hitting Chart Territory
31. A Product of Industry 32. Initial Success
33. Turning the Air Blue 34. Voodoo Sounds
35. Lone Stars 36. Words of Mercy
37. Flour Power 38. The Detroit Winners
39. Nibbling at the Big Apple 40 The Sting from Swampland
41. Solar Energy 42. One for the Money